05 March 2011

Long Month

A lot had happened for the past month..... even though Feb is a short month but it felt like eternity to me.... A slow slow month.....happy news, heartbreaking news....

Returned from Hong Kong and visited my parents and grandparents. My grandma was still in the hospital - she was getting better but subsequently her condition went downhill. She is not getting enough oxygen even though she has the mask on. Her BP also dropped slowly. The doctor said it's only a matter of time and pulled out all her tubes so that she can pass on in comfort. On 12 Feb, she left us at 10+pm. Some of us missed her at the last moment as we had already left for home. But i saw her just minutes she had passed on. She laid peacefully on the bed - at least she did not suffer much. It is heartbreaking because she brought me up. At times, I will have nightmares and woke up crying because i dreamt that she had passed on. But now this was not a dream. It has happened and I will have to learn to accept it on my own.

The days passed on, was just busy with work. The work kept piling and I didn't have much time to think about things. Even on weekends, half the time was taken by work. Sometimes, I wonder why do I work so hard and I am not even drawing like a super high salary.... just realised also that my actual pay is lower than what i thought i was getting. Gee, why on earth did I think that i was drawing higher?

Last weekend, Dar brought me to Tamako, my favourite Jap restaurant. It's been sometimes since we have a meal together outside. The food is good and I enjoy the time together.

Our favourites:
Ika Mayo and Gyoza




We also went to Bedok Town Park to walk on Sunday. It was nice... although a little too hot for me. haha.... but it was quiet and full of greenery.






No comments: